6/10/2013

We are expecting a baby, due June 10th!  I can’t even believe it, really.  We are so excited!  I had such wonderful words of advice and comfort on THIS post, and again, thank you so very much!

We had done some testing at that point, and I had made an appointment to meet with a fertility specialist soon.  I ordered 50 ovulation tests online.  On September 20th, I met with the nicest doctor for an hour and we made all the arrangements for testing to be done once the timing in my cycle was right (sorry, a little tmi). While there, the doctor told me he thought a few things were the problem and we’d do two tests to see if we could figure something out.  He thought it was a combination of a couple things, and suspected the problem had been present while we were trying to have Poppy (our third).  I was actually really excited to see what the results would be and get some answers.  I joked with the doctor and said, “So, wouldn’t that be crazy if I was pregnant and didn’t need to do the tests?”  And he laughed and said it wouldn’t be the first time that has happened.

DSC_0179

I was just waiting to make the appointments for the remaining tests at the time the doctor suggested.  But, as I usually do, I took a pregnancy test a few days later, and it was positive.  I had a false positive a couple months prior and was really trying not to get my hopes up too much, but I still showed Dillon and hugged him and cried, saying how amazing it would be.  He was excited but also wary and wanted to make sure, so I tested the next day and we got another positive!

So, if you were wondering why things have been really slow around here, that’s why.  I’ve been pretty darn sick, but I will take it!  Hopefully everything will work out.  I am 12 weeks today.

I know that I’ve been just as excited with my other pregnancies, and I know I was very thankful for them, but I don’t think I was quite as thankful as this time.

DSC_0180

I hope you all had a great weekend, and for those in the states, a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Comments

When I saw “June 10, 2013,” as your title on my blog list, I was really really really hoping it was this news! I’m so excited for you guys! I hope everything continues to go well! Oh how exciting. And I’m so glad you didn’t end up having to do the other tests. :)

I’m so happy for you! Hopefully the morning sickness will pass quickly. I had it really bad and was so happy when it finally went away last trimester. Congratulations 100 times over!

Congratulations!!! Reading this brings back all the feelings & tears from when I finally got pregnant with my second… I’m so happy for you! Being sick is awful, but it’s also a good indication that everything is going well with baby. Hopefully you’ll be feeling better for Christmas. ♥

Wahoo!!!!!! Thinking of you often. Hope you’re feeling better soon. I’m crossing my fingers that we’ll both feel normal this week. Pretty, pretty please? So excited for you Christie.

Cheri

What wonderful news! Babies are definitely something to be thankful for. I’ve been kissing on my 7 month old’s cheeks (and my older boys too :)) all weekend. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Congratulations, I am really happy for you! Hope you will feel better soon so you can really enjoy the pregnancy.

Yeah! Congratulations! Hope the sick doesn’t stay too long and you can prepare for a new little family member.

Congratulations! I’m very happy for the both of you! I hope that the pregnancy won’t be too difficult and that you get over the sickness before too long. Best wishes!

oh that is so exciting!!!! congrats to your family. :)))) Just found out that my sister in law in expecting in June as well. yay babies!

I have been meaning to click over here and comment…..this is such exciting news! I am so thrilled for you!! Congratulations…..you have truly been blessed :)

Congratulations! I’m so happy for you! Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy! Thanks for sharing this best of news!

Oh My Gosh, Congrats! I’ve been a longtime follower of your blog and ADORE your projects. I’m also 12 weeks (due 6/12/13) and am POSITIVELY GIDDY at the thought of all the baby craft projects in our future!

I am soooooo happy for you guys! So happy. I think it is super fun that you and Cheri get to be pregnant together too! ((((HUGS))) and I hope you can feel better soon!

congratulations! shows that sometimes things are meant to be! maybe with the tests you relaxed enough to conceive? :)

hope your feeling okay