We received some new games this past Christmas and I had bought some with birthday money prior to that. My sister recommended a lot of these games and she was spot on. We definitely have some new family favorite games! This post includes affiliate links, but my opinions are still mine and my kids and I have had so much fun playing these!
- Telestrations: We played this over and over on New Year’s Day. It was SO much fun for the kids, and the adults seemed to be enjoying themselves as well. We don’t own this one yet but it’s on my wish list. It’s a little like the game “telephone” where you whisper something in the ear of your neighbor and then they whisper to the next person and then at the end it’s normally something totally different. It’s like that, but with drawing. Lots of fun and laughing. It says for ages 12+ but I think it is easy enough for kids even age 7 or 8 and up (you may have to help them write or read).
- Rat-a-tat-cat: We have played this game non-stop the last three days. My 7 year old had no problem learning this game and it really is so much fun. I’d say this one is our favorite of the whole group. We love it!
- Set: The Family Game of Visual Perception: Now this game is honestly a little frustrating when you play it with a seasoned player, but once you get the hang of it, it is a lot of fun. It makes you think hard, and think fast before the other people find the SETS. It took me a bit to not be confused but this is a great game.
- Jenga: We all love this one. The longest game occurred between my 7 year old daughter and I. It went on for so long and our tower got so high! She was doing great! Fun and simple to play.
- Sequence: I don’t have a lot to say on this one, but we played this quite a few times the first couple days we had it. I see it as a game we will pull out a little less frequently than the others, but one that we still all enjoyed playing.
- Dominion: My boys love this game. LOVE IT. They played this one so much through December. I learned it with them, and it was easier to watch YouTube videos to learn the game because the rules are quite lengthy. Once we watched the videos we were all set though. My boys are 10 and 12, so though the age recommendation says 13+, they are fine with it.
- Slamwich: We’ve had a lot of fun with this game as well. The only thing we don’t like is the shape of the cards. It bugs my kids (and me) how the shape is odd if they don’t all face the same. Other than that it’s a cute game.
- Spot It: This is a great game. Easy to take places, easy to play, and fun for everyone.
- Pie Face: This game is silly, but my kids LOVE it. (It’s not pictured). It cracks us up every time someone gets slapped in the face with whipped cream. Every time. The best is watching our two year old do it :). It doesn’t really have too much of a point other than laughing at each other I guess, and the surprise factor even though you know there’s a good chance it will flip up on your turn. Fun game though.
Now I want to know what other games we are missing out on! Please share with us what games your family loves.
Games also make great gifts! For Christmas we gave a few people “Game Night” baskets with popcorn, candy, and the games in the basket.
Thanks for reading!