If anyone has ever asked me about blogging and what I like best about it, I most often respond with “The friendships I’ve made!” Seriously, what a blessing so many fellow bloggers have been to me over the years. Liz and Elizabeth of Simple Simon fall into this category. I love these ladies and their giant hearts. This month is their annual Skirting the Issue month, where they invite us to make skirts to donate to local Foster Care centers for the girls to receive just in time for back to school.
This year they’ve added quilts and blankets to the mix, which I absolutely love! I love a great skirt, and I love imagining these girls feeling beautiful in their new clothes for school. Such a sweet, sweet idea. I also love quilting and blankets and how loved they make people feel. I nearly did a skirt roundup but since my more recent love is for quilting, I decided to go that direction. If you are still thinking of the skirt route, HERE are some of my past tutorials for skirts.
The following links are to quilts or blankets that are great beginner projects. The quilt tops come together quickly, and the blankets are also finished in a short amount of time. Some of them lead to baby quilts/blankets but they can easily be adapted for larger ones if needed.
- Heart Lovie tutorial by Love From Ruby
- Herringbone quilt by Lemon Squeezy Home
- Triple Stitched Blanket by No Big Dill
- Pom Pom Swaddle Blanket by Simple Simon
- Triangle Quilt by Lemon Squeezy Home
- Almost No Sew Blanket by Melly Sews
- Chunky Crochet Blanket posted on Make it and Love it (tutorial by the Sweeter Side of Mommyhood)
- Star Quilt by Lemon Squeezy Home
- DIY Tassle Blanket by Tell Love and Party
- Heart Quilt by Love From Ruby
- Ruffle Blanket by Made Everyday
- Fleece Blankets by A Girl and a Glue Gun (no sew!)
- Fast Four-Patch Quilt Tutorial by Diary of a Quilter
- Baby Hourglass Quilt by Cluck Cluck Sew
- Jelly Roll Jam Quilt by V and Co.
Hopefully we can find some time to get to one of these fun and cute tutorials! Thanks Liz and Elizabeth, for being such great examples to me and so many others!