1. I’ve been jogging 3 days a week for the past month and a half and have finally worked up to 3.2 miles. I’m getting better and better at it. I know some people run much further distances than that, but for me this has been a HUGE accomplishment! I have never in my entire life jogged that far. I’m training for the Dirty Dash with friends, and a 5k with my siblings, both in June. I’m also walking tomorrow in the Race for the Cure with my Mom and step-dad Karl. My step-dad’s first wife passed away from breast cancer. This race is quite the amazing event! You can click HERE to donate in her memory (all proceeds going to sponsor research for the cure!)
2. Speaking of jogging…I get terrible side aches and my chest has a burning knot in the middle every time. and sometimes my throat feels like it’s closed up and I can’t swallow! Basically I feel like I’m gonna die. Does anyone else have this hard of a time jogging? Because wow, it’s really discouraging some days when I jog and I can only hope that it will get better with time. I’ve read a lot on breathing techniques and I take allergy pills…any other ideas on what might help? My brother forwarded me THIS video and I loved it. Inspiring and also explained some things I’ve always wondered about with running, though I have no desire to ever run a full marathon!
3. My kids only have 2 weeks left of school and I am giddy with excitement for them to be home!!! Summer break is going to be busy, but so much fun! I need to start deciding on some type of schedule for them, along with lots of fun outings. Oh my goodness, how I love summer time!
4. Have you heard what Cheri (I Am Momma) is starting on her blog? Most likely you have, but if not, it’s called For the Love and sounds like it will be really awesome. It’s for charity, and there are tutorials and auctions involved. Really cool idea.
5. If you haven’t been following Delia’s Mammarazzi series (on Delia Creates), you need to! It’s so full of wonderful photography info! I still love photography and I’m trying to improve all the time. I wish I could devote more time, but this series has already helped me understand things better.