Some of you might not have been around for last year’s Purse Week. It was fun. There was a great response, a great line-up of guest bloggers, and great purse entries were accepted for the contest with amazing prizes. Check out last year’s winners…
This year is going to be awesome as well! Prizes, Judges, and Guest Bloggers are in the works and will be announced soon! Update: Judges and Guest Bloggers announced HERE. To check out the prizes, click HERE.
Make a purse, bag, or clutch. It can be any size. No wallets or backpacks please. We don’t want to make it too general! There will be an awesome panel of judges that will narrow it down to the top 10, then the voting will be finalized by you, the readers.
How to Enter and Rules:
1) Please add only 2 or 3 photos of your purse to the Purse Week Flickr 2011 Group. Do not watermark your photos. Anything you made after June 1st, 2011 can be entered. The date your picture was taken on does show up on Flickr!!! If the date is before June 1st, 2011, your entry will not be accepted, no exceptions. And this year I won’t be emailing anyone to let them know. I’m sorry, I know that sounds harsh, but I have lots to do with this household I’m raising here. If the date on your camera is set wrong, just fix it and retake the pictures. If you already gifted the bag and the date shows wrong, I’m sorry. See if you can borrow the bag or try and make another one. You’ve got 5 weeks :).
2) You can link to your blog if you would like. If you don’t have a blog, that is totally fine, but please note some way to contact you!
3) All entries are due by Friday, September 30th, at 11:59, MST. I will close the Flickr pool at that time so no further entries are accepted.
4) Up to two entries per person.
5) If you used a pattern or tutorial online, please make sure to list that and give credit where it is due. Tell us about your purse, your inspiration or anything else interesting about it. Obviously if it is your own creation, you might score more points that way, but purses made or modified from tutorials or patterns will certainly be accepted and can still make the top 10.
6) Knitted and crocheted purses are really great, but will not be accepted. I think the judging will be too confusing at that point. Sewn purses only, please! Knitting or crocheting can be used to embellish a purse, however, but on no more than 50% of the purse.
7) For the top 10: I really don’t want this to be about who has the most friends or followers:). I’d prefer if you didn’t say, “Go vote for me!” I’d love for you to spread the word, but really, let people vote for what they like the best.
8) International entries are accepted!
9) Photography and lighting is key!!! Your chances of winning increase GREATLY with quality pictures. You can read more tips HERE.
10) Entries will start being accepted…now ;)
I’d love if you helped me to spread the word! Grab the html code for the button in the right hand column! Thank you!